Proposals are invited for Thematic Group Concerts in the Vaggeyakara Vaibhavam 2020
- Nada Vipanchi NFP invites applications to present thematic group performances in the day-long Vaggeyakara Vaibhavam festival on Saturday, April 4, 2020.
- Review Application form. Submission deadline: November 17, 2019.
- Performance assignment will be based on the thoughtfulness given to your thematic concert proposal, demonstrated talent of the participants in your group, and availability of slots.
Vaggeyakara Vaibhavam Group Concert Guidelines:
- Nada Vipanchi envisions Vaggeyakara Vaibhavam as a forum for our community to celebrate Carnatic composers and their compositions.Vaggeyakara Vaibhavam is a platform to showcase collaboration and synergy. Thus, we welcome applications from groups of performers to propose thematic concerts.
- Design your concert theme thoughtfully, so that it enables your group to share a few interesting facts. We ask that participants share insight about composer(s) and /or the context of composition(s), and any other interesting details.
- Past thematic group concerts included performances by carnatic music workshop participants, students of a music teacher or gurukulam, or self-organized peer groups. Examples of videos from recent Vaibhavam events:
- Include at least 3 participants in your application consisting of vocal and melody artists only. Do not propose percussion artists since we will assign them later. All of the group members should be prepared to sing or play all krithis throughout the concert. There may not be any individual/solo or sub-group performances embedded within your group concert. On the application form, please include the full list of participants in your group.
Mridangam accompaniment (and, if requested, a violin accompaniment) will be assigned by Nada Vipanchi with sufficient lead time for planning and practice.
- Vaggeyakara Vaibhavam will not feature “instrument-only” concerts. Since the festival focuses on celebrating composers and their work, each group should have one or more vocalists who render(s) the lyrics as precisely as possible.
Application and Registration
- Each participant is required to pay a $25 registration fee. Nada Vipanchi utilizes the fees and voluntary donations for festival expenses. All contributions to Vipanchi are tax deductible under section 501(c)(3).
- Please submit one application per group. We ask the group’s leader to submit the application form by November 17, 2019. Team leaders of selected proposals will be notified before January 10, 2020 about registration information. The leader will then collect registration fee from participants and pay online by February 17, 2020.