Rescheduled on October 3, 2020
Hari Om | Sri Gurubhyom Nama: | श्री गुरुभ्यों नम:
We hope your family and you are well and safe. Had the COVID-19 pandemic not happened, the world would have been different for everyone. For one, we would be celebrating Vaggeyakara Vaibhavam, which is now postponed to October 3, 2020. Please mark your calendars and plan to join your peers, friends, and the community. Please also note that the RTP-in-RTP Festival (May 23) is cancelled.
Check out the Vaibhavam 2020 Quiz to learn about some of the concert themes that will be featured in October!
In the next Vipanchi Buzz issue we would like to publish something that you create. As we are all coping with these tough times in different ways, let's all come together and share with the community an original creation that is important to us! Your submissions will be edited and published in the May 2020 edition of Vipanchi Buzz.
Anyone can contribute (even adults!!). We welcome anything of your imagination that you think its worth sharing. Here are some ideas:
- A recording of your rendering. Share with a link and description.
- Write a poem, story, or article about a topic of your interest. Share with illustrations if you prefer.
- Scan a drawing, cartoon, painting, or photo that you created. Send with a caption and/or description.
- A picture of yourself engaging with the arts or the community, along with a description.
- Have something else to share? Feel free to.
Email your submissions by April 19, 2020. More than one submission is welcome. Let us know if you have questions.
We hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
With prayers and Best regards,
Vaibhavam 2020 - Community Celebrating Sri Rama Navami with Utsava Sampradaya Krithis
These concerts will celebrate Sri Rama through Saint Tyagaraja's Utsava Sampradaya Krithis.
Participation is open to everyone. Registration ended on February 16, 2020. We look forward to offering a grand tribute with the community.
* Three Community Aradhana concerts - each concert featuring three Utsava Sampradaya Krithis - will be organized. You can choose to join all of these group concerts.
* Vocalists, instrument players, and and percussion players who are capable of rendering varnam/krithi with shruti suddham are welcome to join.
* Register online by February 16, 2020 to receive lessons and notations. Each Vaggeyakara Vaibhavam participant will pay a one time $25 registration fee regardless of the number of concerts one chooses to be part of on April 4, 2020.
* Registrants will receive lyrics, notations, and audio recordings of the Utsava Sampradaya Krithis by February 22, 2020.
* Learn and practice individually or with your teacher’s guidance in the shruti designated for each concert.
* Attend two rehearsals in March - to ensure coherent group rendering. Rehearsals will be coordinated by Nada Vipanchi and notified to all registrants. Rehearsals will coordinate team performance but not help you learn the krithis.
* Perform on April 4, 2020 in Apex Halle Cultural Arts Center along with your cohort of registrants.
What krithis will be featured in each of the three concerts?
1. “Hecharika” - Morning Community Aradhana Concert led by Smt Varuni Ravinder - Shruti G#
mElukOvayya - bowLi, kanDacApu
heccarikagA - yadukula kAmbhOji - khanDa cApu
koluvaiyunnADE - dEvagAndhAri - Adi
2. “Nalugu” - Afternoon Community Aradhana Concert led by Sri Shreyas Ashok - Shruti C#
Aragimpave - tODi – rUpaka
shObAnE- pantuvarALi – rUpakam
jaya mangaLam nitya SubhamangaLam - nAdanAmakriyA - Adi
3. “Mangalam” - Evening Community Aradhana Concert led by Smt Deekshita Venkataraman - Shruti G#
lAli lAlayya lAli - kEdAragauLa - jampa
poola panbu - Ahiri - rUpakam
patiki hArati rE -surati - Adi
Page 2 of 2